Wednesday 22 July 2009

Beaded Crochet Bracelet

Over the weekend I discovered that one of the big bookstores in London is about to close down. To get rid of the stock, the bookstore offered 50% sale on ALL books. When I reached the place on Saturday morning the shelves were already half-past-empty. Luckily for me (and unluckily for my wallet) the craft section still had some interesting titles. And one of them was Beaded Crochet Designs by Ann Benson. I thumbed through the pages and, since I had some beads lying around, I decided to try out the pattern for beaded crochet bracelet.

The beginning was very frustrating and the beads just really didn't want to fall into places.


Then, things started working a bit better.


But once the bracelet was finished I realized, I butchered the seam up.


Luckily, I managed to unravel the problematic part and redo the seam. And voila! a seamless bracelet was created:


Conclusion: I love this technique, it makes for a beautiful, summery jewelery! You can see more pictures in my etsy shop.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I had never seen this done as bead crochet, but I have done them as tubular peyote. Have you tried that? It's fun too! I might have to try this technique myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    I haven't tried peyote yet although I gathered some tutorials and will probably try soon. Let's exchange experiences later :)

    ReplyDelete