Monday 3 August 2009

Discoveries of Frugal Life - part 1.

The other day I went to my local supermarket to buy, among others, a toothpaste. Following the frugal tips and tricks I made a point of looking above and below my usual line of sight. And the difference in prices stunned me.

Regular brand-name toothpaste - £2.53
No-brand toothpaste from the bottom shelf - £0.17
Difference - £2.36

To be honest, I have to say I was really scared to pick up the £0.17 variety. After all there has to be some kind of reason why the price difference is so huge. But after checking the ingredients I had to conclude that both pastes seemed very similar. I decided to take the risk!

Result:
- my teeth are as clean as before
- my breath is as minty
- my wallet is heavier by £2.36
- my conscious consumer self feels proud

When I run out of soap, I will definitely try the no-brand one!

No comments:

Post a Comment